We do not celebrate Thanksgiving with a public holiday in Singapore during this time of the year. Nonetheless, I would like to take the opportunity to express thanks to one special person – Jerry Hicks. According to the latest announcement on the official site, he passed away last Friday.
I first got to know about Jerry Hicks after watching “The Secret behind the Secret” in a DVD that we purchased from Amazon. However, it was the movie “The Secret” which caught my interest when I first viewed it. By then, I had already started gaining an interest and knowledge in energy mechanics.
Not long after, my husband and I came upon the documentary interview, “The Secret Behind the Secret” and discovered that Esther Hicks (wife to Jerry) has been channeling a group of spiritual entities known as Abraham for teachings on Law of Attraction. I also found out that it was Jerry Hicks who encouraged Esther, who was a huge skeptic initially, to do this work.
Needless to say, I have since bought a number of their books and listened to their audios. They have taught me a lot on what I need to know about manifesting abundance. Going forward, it is great to know that while Jerry is no longer in the physical, Esther Hicks still has the intention of continuing the work that her husband had prompted her to start.
As a thanksgiving tribute, I would like to highlight some of the quotes that are taken from their books and workshops. Although they are words channeled from Abraham, I would like to acknowledge Jerry’s contribution in making the teachings available to us all. If you have not got a chance to learn about the Law of Attraction, you will realize that many of the following quotes are self-explanatory…
What is the Law of Attraction
1. Because of the Law of Attraction, each of you is like a powerful magnet, attracting unto you more of the way that you feel at any one point in time.
2. You are the only one who creates in your experience—no one else. Everything that comes to you comes by the power of your thought. – Abraham Hicks
3. Every thought that you think is vibrating at a very personal frequency . . . and by the powerful Law of Attraction (the essence of that which is like unto itself, is drawn), that thought is now attracting another thought that is its Vibrational Match. And now, those combined thoughts are vibrating at a frequency that is higher than the thought that came before; and they will now, by the Law of Attraction, attract another and another and another, until eventually the thoughts will be powerful enough to attract a “real life” situation or manifestation.
4. Law of Attraction says, “That which is like unto itself is drawn.” Vibrations are always matched. So, as you experience the contrast which inspires the new desire, this new desire, whether it is a strong one or a soft one, is summoning unto itself proportionately.
5. The Universe is responding to your vibrational calling.
6. The Universe, which is responding to the thoughts that you are thinking, does not distinguish between a thought brought about by your observation of some reality you have witnessed and a thought brought about by your imagination. In either case, the thought equals your point of attraction – and if you focus upon it long enough, it will become your reality.
7. You live in a pulsating, vibrating Universe of advanced harmonics. Everything that exists – in your air, in your dirt, in your water, and in your bodies – is vibration in motion, and all of it is managed by the powerful Law of Attraction.
Set Clear Intentions
8. The trouble with most relationships is that you pick out the one little thing that you do not like and then give that most of your attention. And then, by the Law of Attraction, you solicit more of what you do not want.
9. You cannot, right now, sort out everything that you want about every subject, but you can, right now, define what you prefer from here. And as you do that, segment after segment, you will find a newfound clarity – and your downward spiral will turn upward.
10. Action that comes from the feeling of inspiration is action that will produce good results, for you are allowing the Laws of Attraction of the Universe to carry you.
11. All physical Beings have communication from their Inner Being in the form of emotion, and so, whenever your emotion is positive, you can know that you are in the harmony with your inner intentions.
12. You had, before your physical birth, general intentions, such as being happy, being an uplifter, having continuing growth……but the specific processes or vehicles through which you will achieve any of those things is up to you to decide here and now. In this time, you are the creator.
13. Your ability to focus upon a narrower subject brings forth more clarity, while your ability to focus upon many things at once bring more confusion.
Alignment with Source
14. Appreciation and self-love are the most important tools that you could ever nurture. Appreciation of others, and the appreciation of yourself is the closest vibrational match to your Source Energy of anything that we’ve ever witnessed anywhere in the Universe.
15. You are meant to live an expansive, exhilarating, good-feeling experience. It was your plan when you made the decision to become focused in your physical body in this time-space reality. You were born knowing that you are a powerful Being; that you are good; that you are the creator of your experience, and that the Law of Attraction (the essence of that which is like unto itself, is drawn) is the basis of the Universe, and you knew it would serve you well. And so it has.
16. When you are in alignment with who-you-really-are, you cannot help but uplift those with whom you come into contact. Your value to those around you hinges upon only one thing: your personal alignment with Source.
Your Emotional Guiding System and Telling a Better-feeling Story
17. Rather than trying to monitor your thoughts, we encourage you to simply pay attention to how you are feeling.
18. Pure desire is always accompanied by positive emotion.
19. When you acknowledge what you do not want, and then ask yourself, “What is it that I do want?” you begin a gradual shift into the telling of your new story and into a much-improved point of attraction.
20. You get the essence of what you think about—whether you want it or not—because Law of Attraction is unerringly consistent—therefore, you are never only telling the story of “how it is now.” You are also telling the future experience that you are creating right now.
21. The realization that something is not as you want it to be is an important first step, but once you have identified that, the faster you are able to turn your attention in the direction of a solution, the better, because a continuing exploration of the problem will prevent you from finding the solution. The problem is a different vibrational frequency than the solution—and all thoughts (or vibrations) are affected by (or managed by) the Law of Attraction.
22. Start telling a better-feeling story about the things that are important to you. Do not write your story like a factual documentary, weighing all the pros and cons of your experience, but instead tell the uplifting, fanciful, magical story of the wonder of your own life and watch what happens. It will feel like magic as your life begins to transform right before yours eyes, but it is not by magic. It is by the power of the Laws of the Universe and your deliberate alignment with those Laws.
23. Each and every component that makes up your life experience is drawn to you by the powerful Law of Attraction’s response to the thoughts you think and the story you tell about your life. Your money and financial assets; your body’s state of wellness, clarity, flexibility, size, and shape; your work environment, how you are treated, work satisfaction, and rewards—indeed, the very happiness of your life experience in general—is all happening because of the story that you tell.
Manifesting Abundance and Miracles
24. We are all Vibrational Beings. You’re like a receiving mechanism that when you set your tuner to the station, you’re going to hear what’s playing. Whatever you are focused upon is the way you set your tuner, and when you focus there for as little as 17 seconds, you activate that vibration within you. Once you activate a vibration within you, Law of Attraction begins responding to that vibration, and you’re off and running–whether it’s something wanted or unwanted.
25. Once you are able to achieve and consistently maintain your personal alignment, a great deal of money will flow into your experience (if that is your desire).
26. If you really understood the power of your vibration, you would never focus on an unwanted reality again, for your reality is extremely temporary; and it can be easily molded into situations, events, scenarios and conditions that please you.
27. Law of Attraction abounds, and when it is said to you, “Ask, and it is given,” there is no more powerful statement that is at the basis of what makes things happen than that. Now, how is it that you think you ask? With your words? The Universe doesn’t hear your words. You ask with your desire. The desire that is born out of the contrast. That desire. That wanting. That’s what summons the Life Force.
28. Within the seed of your desire is everything necessary for it to blossom to fulfillment. And Law of Attraction is the engine that does the work. Your work is just to give it a fertile growing place in order to expand.
29. The Vortex is literally drawing in all things necessary for the completion of every request it contains. All cooperative components are being summoned and are coming for the completion of these creations, for the answering of these questions, for the solutions to these problems.
30. A happy life is just a string of happy moments. But most people don’t allow the happy moment, because they’re so busy trying to get a happy life.
A Note of Thanks
I started this site as a result from watching “The Secret” and “The Secret behind the Secret” movies. My intention was (and still is) to share my perspective and journey from applying the Law of Attraction and other tools for building the life of my dreams. Thank you, Jerry Hicks, for the part that you played in my learning and growth.
Finally, Happy Thanksgiving to all readers who are celebrating the holiday weekend. I am appreciative of your support, love and encouragement
Author. Adventurer. Life Coach. More About Me.
Share Your Story
Have you been inspired after watching the movie, “The Secret” or by any of the teachings from Abraham Hicks? How has your life changed? Share your story in the comments below. I look forward to reading them