You are hoping for a makeover. You would like to change your vibes. Life has been quite a drag for some time. So it only makes sense that if you are hoping to have different results, you cannot keep doing the same things.
A true makeover goes beyond revamping your wardrobe. It is more than fixing a bad hair day. A true makeover is holistic, incorporating the mind-body-spirit. Your energy shifts as a result. It activates the Law of Attraction in your favor, where you are more likely to attract positive outcomes.
With an energy-lifting makeover, your inner light shines through. The effects are permanent. Your boomz factor lasts. You grow into the changes. It is not cosmetics that you wash off every night before you go to bed.
So give yourself a top-to-toe treatment. Step out in style with the following 20 tips:
1. Self-Acceptance Secret Formula. Let’s start off by learning from Vietnamese monk and spiritual teacher, Thich Nhat Hanh. He says, “To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself.” You accept yourself unconditionally even when you have bodily flaws or imperfections that you would prefer to hide. The practice of self-acceptance puts you in harmony, from the inside-out.
2. Celebrate You! In case you have forgotten, you are very unique. You have got gifts, talents and abilities in a combination that others do not have. Play up on your strengths. They are not meant to be hidden. They are meant to make you Shine!
3. Step Up Your Bold Factor. Challenge yourself everyday. Dare to take risks, although not the dangerous or foolish ones, but those that place you out of your comfort zone. Trying something different gets you out of your rut and fills your life with interesting experiences.
4. Put on New Shades. Throw away your old pair of spectacles that have you looking at things with fear, rigidity and resistance. Instead put on a new set of shades. View things from a loving lens. In other words, adopt a more positive attitude. Be open to possibilities.
5. Wear An Invisible Crown. Shimmer with an invisible crown. Perk up your confidence, in other words. If you have been suffering from low self-esteem, consider doing something about it. Go for therapy sessions, learn public speaking or attend workshops.
6. Make Gratitude Your New Mantra. The more you practice saying gratitude, the more your vibes will change. The act of expressing gratitude tunes you into joy immediately. Give yourself an instant perk!
7. Summer Splash. You will be surprised of how a change in color can alter your mood. An easy way to start is by changing the color of your clothes and underwear even. Watch your mood change from the usual somber black that you have been wearing for years. Make a splash with vibrancy from this summer on!
8. De-Stress With Scent. Use aromatherapy to help improve your state of mind. Aromatherapy is a form of alternative therapy that uses volatile plant materials, known as essential oils, and other aromatic compounds. Lavender for instance helps to reduce stress and improve sleep.
9. Less is More. De-clutter to give yourself an energy boost. You will be amazed how you will feel after a thorough spring clean – whether physical or emotional. For emotional clearing work, consider using Emotional Freedom Technique.
10. More is Less. More laughter in your life leads to less stress. This tip recommends loosening up, telling jokes and watching hilarious movies!
11. Dazzle with a Smile. You don’t need layers of make-up to look fabulous. You just need to smile more. Start the day with a smile at yourself in the mirror. Then, go dazzle others with your smiles throughout the day. As Charles Gordy says, “a smile is an inexpensive way to change your looks.”
12. Flower Power. Power up with having more flowers in your life. Go smell the roses whether in the park or decorate your home with flowers. Notice your energy change when you are near flowers.
13. You Can Dance. Dancing lifts your spirit. You feel energized. For some sexy mojo, consider joining classes to learn pole, belly or flamenco dancing.
14. Shine With Purpose. Instead of complaining about your lack, seeing others in more desperate situations can lend you a bigger perspective. Hence, some volunteer work can give you a sense of purpose. You feel moved to help others. Suddenly, you find your life having meaning.
15. Brush Up Your Knowledge. Not just brushing your hair, skin or body, brush up for your mind too. Read books that will enhance your knowledge. Weepy novels and horror stories don’t count.
16. Water Works. Can you be feeling sluggish because you have not been drinking enough water? If so, the answer is to hydrate. Drink at least 7 to 8 glasses of water every day. Drinks like coffee or orange juice do not count. Sufficient hydration shows up in supple skin and slows down ageing effects.
17. Balance Your Diet. Many of us can do with a lot less meat in our diet. Consider including a combination of fresh fruits, vegetables, and whole grains, all sources of necessary vitamins and minerals. Eating a balanced diet can do wonders for your overall well-being.
18. Support with Supplements. It is best to get your requirements from natural food sources. However, if you find yourself lacking, give yourself extra support with vitamin supplements. Check with your doctor on what is needed for supplements.
19. Have A Dream. Of course, your eyes are dull. You have not been connecting with your true dream. It is time to revive rather than shove it aside. Start working on it. Your dream will gain momentum, once you show commitment.
20. Go Zen. This tip is about exuding the aura of peace, harmony and tranquility through meditation. Zen meditation is a Japanese school, of 12th-century Chinese origin, that teaches on the contemplation of one’s essential nature for achieving pure enlightenment. There are also other forms of meditation that you can consider. It may take you months or more likely, years. But the results are long-lasting and worth it.
21. Above All, Love Yourself. You may find her taste in fashion odd and her performances controversial but there is something that we can learn from the lady who sold 15 million copies in her debut album. Pop phenomena, Lady Gaga, shared it when she was interviewed on The Ellen DeGeneres Show. The Secret: “Love yourself. Love who you are. It’s all you’ve got.”
Beauty goes beyond skin-deep. You don’t need chunks of jewelry, designer gowns and branded handbags to define you. If you have got a poor attitude towards life, then no expensive gear can make you feel really awesome. You are in delusion if you believe that all that glitter is true gold.
In other words, shine from your core essence; not just from personality. Allow me to end off by quoting from a poem, with authorship variously attributed to Maya Angelou, Ralph Fenger, Audrey Hepburn & Sam Levenson:
The Beauty of A Woman
The beauty of a woman
isn’t in the clothes she wears,
The figure that she carries,
or the way she combs her hair.
The beauty of a woman
must be seen from in her eyes;
Because that’s the doorway to her heart,
the place where love resides.
The beauty of a woman
isn’t in a facial mole;
But true beauty in a woman,
is reflected by her soul.
It’s the caring that she cares to give,
the passion that she shows;
And the beauty of a woman
with passing years only grows.
Shine from the Soul,
Author. Adventurer. Life Artist. More About Me.
Share Your Makeover Tip
Share your makeover tip in the comments below. What has helped you raise your vibes? What has helped you create magic?