There can be several guidelines to be aware of, in the setting of intentions. When applied cohesively, they can be extremely helpful in bringing your intents to fruition powerfully.
(photo by deb roby)
In the setting of intents, should you have missed the date 11-11-2009 altogether, you wouldn’t want to miss out on the coming one – 29.11.09 (add up 2 and 9 – then 11 – then add up 2 and 9 again). As I have shared in a previous post on intention setting, the triple-eleven combination of 11-11-11 has a particular magic for manifestations. The last time that presented a triple-eleven number was in the year 1901.
Based on my on-going experience with setting intentions, here is a summary of tips I have picked up that I would like to share with you:
1. Set Intentions Powerfully. Be clear and specific. Know what you want, otherwise you send out conflicting intents.
2. Involve Visioning. Instead of just visualization, consider incorporating visioning. Don’t know the difference? Here are some quotes from The Vision Board Book, to help in your understanding:
“Visioning is a self-exploration process that involves a combination of “soul searching” and meditation, and even incorporates improvisation techniques.”
“Visioning differs dramatically from visualization. Visioning is a process where your soul reveals your heart’s desires, prompted by a circle of like-minded supporters who add their insights. Traditionally, visioning is a group exercise. Visualization is more often an individual technique where you picture a desired outcome or goal.”
3. Align Your Intention. My experience has been that making intents for pure egoistical material fulfillment seldom works out meaningfully for me. I would continue to be in a state of discontent, with mostly negative experiences. While universal laws should work every single time if we apply them properly, my suggestion is to align intent with a higher purpose.
Your higher purpose invariably involves how you can best serve others while being true to yourself. You will be surprised how much universal support you garner when you bring a greater spiritual meaning to your physical experience.
4. Connect Emotionally. This is no longer a secret with all LOA (Law of Attraction) students. Create your intent in an inner environment of emotional connection. Connect with how it feels with already “owning” the desired intent.
5. Obey the 68 Second Rule. Hold the intent in your being for at least 68 seconds. Don’t know why? Read my previous post on 68 seconds miracle.
6. Gratitude Now. Be in the state of gratitude when making the intent. Acknowledge your current blessings. Acknowledge with a thank you for what-is-to-come, as if you are already in receipt of it.
7. Work with Your Resistances. If you notice a resistance, work with it first and then go back to set the intent. Surely you would not want to end up manifesting the tail enders or find yourself in self-sabotage?
I had continued to update my personal vision board in the last two weeks. While working on it one day, I started to notice a resistance inside me. Gradually, I recognized it to be a fear of living up to my full potential. Setting higher intents triggered an unease of moving out of my comfort zone. I started to recall this quote by Marianne Williamson which I have often come across……
“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn’t serve the world. There’s nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It’s not just in some of us, it’s in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”
Needless to say, I found myself in an afternoon of doing inner release work right after recognizing my resistances.
8. Practice Art of Surrender. Surrender the “how”. Avoid getting into the mindless activity of wondering how the universe is going to bring your intent to manifestation. Have every trust that what you asked for is being worked on. The art of surrender also requires you to be non-attached to the outcome of your intent.
9. Have Gap Awareness. Have an awareness of the gap between what you are asking for and what you already have. If what you are asking for is a huge jump, do not doubt that it is not possible but at the same time, expect that you would need more time in bringing yourself up vibrationally to match the frequency of your intent. Then again, as I have read in metaphysics books, quantum leaps are very possible in the world of energy. So manifestations can be even in an instant if you manage to bring yourself into a vibrational match! What helps is also working on your beliefs!
10. Signify Your Intention with Immediate Action. This tip follows point 2. Set your intents to work by following up on your visioning process. There are a lot of action ideas that you can take. According to a number of LOA coaches, it is important that you take the obvious actions signifying your intent to the Universe. Here are some:
– If you are making the intent for a romantic partner, you may want to look into picking up extra weekend activities that allows you to meet someone.
– If you are making the intent for a new car to take you to work, you may want to look into passing your driving test first!
– If you are making the intent for a new house in a new location, soak up the atmosphere by moving there or driving round the new neighborhood regularly first. (Currently, what I am doing :-))
– If you are making the intent for more money, make space for creative ideas to drop in. In short, taking time out for meditation can be helpful!
1. Get Your Antenna Up. I always tell my friends/clients that the Universe may have already been responding to their requests physically not longer after they have made them. The problem is that they are not getting their antenna up. I call this “the antenna of awareness”. Don’t have fixated ideas of what the Universe is going to send you. Be simply aware and open, while keeping your mind focused on the qualities of what you have asked for.
2. Art of Setting Intention. As you can probably guess by now, setting intents is an art. It is not traditional goal-setting. It has been an adventure for me in getting all the elements together! When my intents are not manifesting, it is finding out which areas I have missed out on in getting my vibrations up. Universal laws always work! No doubt about it. The question is really on how properly I have applied universal laws or whether I am in resistance to something.
Share Your Tips
Do share your tips in setting powerful intentions! It will be great to learn what has worked for you too :-)!